The high tech fabric covering used has properties that keep it cool, dry and breathable. It is also antibacterial and hypoallergenic.
- Prolite®Girths are measured in the standard way - buckle end to buckle end.
- Make sure you fit the girth with the curved section facing forward (towards the forelimbs).The front of the girth is clearly marked.
- Fit the longest length possible so the buckles fasten away from the pressure-sensitive area behind the elbow. When fully tightened, the top edge of the girth should be as close to the bottom edge of the saddlecloth as possible.
- Always girth up evenly on both sides.
- DO NOT use the billet keeper. DO use the buckles.
- Don’t pull the pony’s front leg forward after girthing up. We have found that stretching the horse’s front leg like this simply draws more skin forward into the sensitive area behind the elbow.
- It is not uncommon for there to be a gap at the front edge of the girth between the material and the pony’s sternum, particularly when the pony is standing still. This is part of the design which allows the muscles of the shoulder girdle to move, instead of being blocked. The gap at the front does not indicate that pressure has transferred to the back edge of the girth.
- Use your Prolite®Girth for schooling. hacking and competition - the best results are achieved with regular use.
- The Pony Girth does not have a martingale attachment and comes with webbing buckle straps to help reduce bulk under the saddle flap.